We are potty training at our house. I am not a fan of pull-ups, but I also don't want to change sheets every night. I decided to make some waterproof bed liners out of the plastic bags I fused together the other day (check out the sewing section to view the tutorial).
Fused Plastic Bags (or waterproof material)
Sewing machine and coordinating thread
- Take the fused sheets and lay them on top of your old towel, piecing them together to cover the towel.
- Sew the fused sheets together
- Lay the waterproof liner on top of the towel, and cut around each edge so the towel overlaps by about 1/2" - 1" on each side
- Pin the fused bag liner in place on top of towel. Be sure to get around all edges, and in the middle
- Sew liner in place along one of the longer edges
- Sew liner in place along one of the shorter edges
- Readjust pins if necessary
- Starting from the sewn edges (longer side of towel at top), sew 4-5 rows from top to bottom to secure the liner to the towel, smoothing it out as you go.
- Sew the two remaining edges. It should look like this: