ALL YOU WANT OF LIFE; EVERY DREAM, EACH WISHFUL BLISS, IS WAITING... TO BE CREATED.

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

one Old Shirt becomes one Toddler Sun Dress

Ready for a cute and easy makeover?
 

I got a bunch of clothes from my friend (thanks Brigitte!)
In the pile was this:

It looks like it was made for a little girl, right?
Wrong!  It totally fit me.
Only... I'm not 10, so I couldn't pull it off.

I made it into a cute little sun dress for my friend's daughter, Cami.

Do you have an old shirt like this?
Want to make your own?

Here's How:
Start by measuring the bust of the girl you want to make it for.
I ended up taking mine in about 1" on each side.
Sew a straight line through the elastic portion.

Then cut away the excess.

Take the 'L' shape and fold it over.
Sew it in place (this will make a little pleat).

Now work on your straps (you'll have to measure on your little girl again).
I ended up just unstitching one side,

And then crossing them in the back.

And that's it!

I had Cannon's favorite little gal Melayna model it for me...




Pretty adorable, hu?
The dress isn't that bad either...

2 comments: