ALL YOU WANT OF LIFE; EVERY DREAM, EACH WISHFUL BLISS, IS WAITING... TO BE CREATED.

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Simple Shirt to Skirt Tutorial

Here is a super quick transformation from a woman's shirt into a child's skirt.
This is a really simple idea, but it does require a specific type of shirt, like the one below:

It is really cute, but was one of those shirts that makes you look prego.  Which is bad, if you aren't expecting... so I cut it up!

First, cut the top portion off, just above the elastic.

If you have a little girl (which I don't), then strap it around her waist and see if you need to take it in at all.
It seemed pretty big, so I took an inch off the side.
Just sew a straight line an inch away from the seam that already exists.

Cut off the excess...

Now wrap the elastic down over itself, wrong sides together, so you'll have a nice finish all the way around the inside of the waist.

And that's it!

Sorry no modeling photo's - I didn't have a chicka with me at the moment, and I wasn't about to strap it onto one of my boys...

The entire project took me less than 30 minutes.
I'm going to use the top portion of the shirt to make a matching flower, but that will be another post for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment